Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Les Mardis cyclistes de Lachine

Perfect night for a ride?


I am getting more settled in Montreal and have been able to get some excellent training in lately. I have met a few local cyclists and more and more i am discovering good places to ride.

Last night i raced Les Mardis cyclistes de Lachine, a local weekly crit that is a bit of an institution here in Montreal. A local pro roady, Kevin Lacoombe (top bloke), lent me his winter bike so that i could have a ride. Quite a few people were staring at me on the start line, i'm not sure why...maybe it was the fact that i was on a cross bike with canti brakes, or that it was the biggest bike i have ever ridden. Anyway, it was a fun race. I was a bit scared of crashing after witnessing 2 the week before (when i watched) so i wasn't happy when the rain started to fall in the first 10mins. By the finish it was pissing down and it was hard to see much at all. Good race though, i'm keen as for next week.

Thanks again Kevin!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mate you're all over the place! I struggled finding trails in Montreal as well, although I did end up having better luck out of Quebec city. Good luck with the rest of the season!