Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Les Mardis cyclistes de Lachine #2



My second attempt at the Lachine criterium saw drastically improved weather from the week before. I tried to position myself well because my road bike sponsor, Kevin, told me that he and his Plant Energy team mates were keen to blow the race apart in the second half. With 7 laps remaining of the 31, there was increased activity and i was super attentive because i wasn't feeling too bad and i wanted to try my best to be in the winning move. Anyway, i clipped a wheel through a corner at maybe 45kph at hit the deck. I had time to realise that i was still sliding before i actually came to rest. I lost a fair bit of skin, which isn't ideal, but i am happy that nothing important is broken. Probably the worst bit, certainly the most embarrassing, was the rather large tear in the knicks that probably revealed a bit too much. Oh well.

1 comment: