Sunday, July 5, 2009

Bromont - Canada Cup XCO

The start of the race (i am on the right), and you can make out Jo Wall on the Womens start line in the background
up the first hill
I thought i had raced in mud before, i was mistaken. I also thought that my skills in the mud weren't too bad, once again i wasn't exactly spot on. Since i last practised the Bromont course on Friday the track turned into peanut butter and it was so hard to get around. In the 5 lap race, I reckon i managed to ride every section well at least once, which meant that there were up to 4 times that i stuffed up each section! Not really good odds. So it was a bit of a battle to say the least but i am so glad that i had this chance to experience these condition before the World Cup here in 4 weeks, in fact that is the reason i am here so early. I ended up 11th, which isn't the end of the world, it's just a bit off the mark. Hopefully it will all come together soon.


3 comments:

chops said...

keep flying the aussie flag high andy.

Unknown said...

Keep it up mate, "if you plan the racing, the form will come."

Sorry, that's a crap Waynes World abridged quote.

Dan Gerous said...

Not bad, especially considering the course conditions, yuck! Sorry I didn't make it... although I'm not a fan of peanut butter unless it's on my toasts. But I registered for the Raid Velo Mag and the Sainte-Anne XC though...