Monday, August 10, 2009

Happy Camper

The Australian team for the World Champs was announced today and my name was on top of the list! Ok, so it was in alphabetical order, but i am very happy to be on there. It has been a big year and i have made a lot of progress, I am super happy to have been given this opportunity finish my season off with the biggest race of the year, in my home town no less.

It will also be good to welcome to Canberra some of the friends that i have made while racing around the world. Craig Paul (South Africa), Bjorn Brems (Belgium) and Mike Broderick (USA) have all made there respective teams so i will look forward to rubbing shoulders with them on my home track.

I am told that the Aussie XC team will now go into a training camp at the AIS for 2 weeks of training, testing, and maybe even sleeping in the altitude tent. It should be an interesting experience.

Well done to everyone else that got selected, see you all soon.

6 comments:

chops said...

well done andy!!!!! just read the news on RB and gave you a plug :)

go smash it..

jim said...

Snaps to you Andy!! It's gonna rawk!

Ando said...

Well done Andy. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you at Stromlo.

Dan Gerous said...

Now that's great news! I'll be rooting for you... from the other side of the globe.

Jeremy said...

YEAH! Congratulations Andy!

Paula Sutton said...

Bon chance Andy!