Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Carcassonne

Just a super quick one today to put up a few pictures. One from the race at Madrid and a few from a little day trip today to Carcassonne. Wow, that is one nice medieval city...chockas with culture. (Reeny and Davo, we went passed the Canal du Midi too, and thought of you).
I am really starting to miss Benjamin too. I had really grown accustomed to him greeting me each morning in Madrid with Spanish phrase i taught him: "buenas dias, mi amor" (good morning, my love). I wonder if he didn't realise that i had used a little artistic licence in the translation or if the little fellow was rather fond of me, i guess I'll never know...we will always have Madrid.
that is definately a grimace
La cité de Carcassonne

The city ramparts with the gothic cathedral in the back

one of the many gargoyles

Another gargoyle....scary.


You don't see drain pipes like this back home....yes, that drains straight out onto the footpath!




No comments: