Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Annecy, France

Benny driving it up Le Semnoz


Metrying to keep up!


America's next top models


Back on Yohanns balcony (Le Semnoz in the back ground)

We arived in Geneva yesterday after a pretty long trip from africa, made a few hours longer by a delayed flight in Madrid. The first stop, which is becoming quite a habit for me, was a visit to the baggage tracking office in the Geneva airport. I don't think i my bike has ever arived at geneva airpot on the same plan as me! That is the 3rd time. After collecting the brand new Renault Kangoo (quite possibly the greatest car i have ever driven) we eventually found Ben Henderson and drove over to Annecy to stay with old pals Yohann & Estelle, and my slight more recent buddy Aurelien who just celebrated his first birthday. Rosie's bike had actually arived so i built it up so hendo and i could go for a roll. Unfortunately my cycling shoes were in my lost bag so i had to ride with the dunlop volley's - not recomended.

This morning we went to Trocsport (a second hand sports store) to try and find some cheap shoes that would get me through a couple of days. I managed to whip myself up a really spiffing yellow pair of size 46's for the bargain price of 15 euros. Unfortunately i am only size 44, i'll just have to wear some think socks i suppose. The great news though that came out of all this was that they also had some really old mad jerseys there so Hendo and I were able to pick up some teriffic euro-fashion for 3 euros a piece. Mine even has a zipper chest pocket for my "wini-blues".
We went for an awesome ride this afternoon up Le Semnoz and around Lac d'Annecy. I didn't think about it much before hand but it is still the tail end of the ski season here so before long it started getting cold. We climbed for about an hour and as we went over the top there quite a lot of snow. Luckily the new jerseys were prety warm...yes....stylish AND functional!
So still no sign of the bike, but they assure me that it is on the way.

4 comments:

chops said...

keep up the riding and the great travels,, love the euro fashion just gold..
the blogging is a great read.
stay safe and pedal hard.

rhino said...

3 euro jerseys....how many did you buy?

Frog said...

Good luck Andy - take care and I hope your bike and gear turn up soon. Give my love to Rosie and I love your site. I read it at least twice a week.
Love
Frog

Paul and Claire's MTB Adventure said...

I agree that French van's are the best ever. See you in Offenberg.