Friday, November 21, 2008

New Bike

I've been laying low after getting the flu and having a very ordinary race at the Highland Fling. The training is starting to build up again though , and i'm starting to feel good again. It's just as well because it is getting close to the 2nd national round and the Tour of Bright, so the 5 hours planned each day this weekend it should do me good. The timing for a big weekend could have been better though with the forecast for snow and blizzards down to 1000m. I had heat stroke a couple of weeks ago! My body isn't going to know what hit it when i go to the Goldy for XC round#2 next weekend.

Luckily i just built up my new roady, so was still looking forward to riding despite the weather. My only reservation was getting it dirty. It is a new Spats Javelin Titanium Frame, with SRAM Red groupset and i am super happy with how it rides. I haven't got it on the scales yet, but it is light. It also felt really stiff and the new Red groupset works awesome. It didnt take long to get used to the "double tap" shifting, although i have to attmit, i did try to push the brake lever a few times early on. The only thing that took my mind off the new bike was riding into a hail storm. That turned out to be the first of 4 brief hail sessions. 5.5hrs later i rolled back into town pretty blown but chuffed with the new rig. I was too far gone that even my new bike couldnt make me feel any less fatigued anymore. There was only one thing that could save me....a big tray of nachos. yeah....


No comments: