Monday, October 6, 2008

Off-season

I have had a bit of a break from the blog and the bike since the Angry Doctor 100km at Mogo. That race was a bit disappointing for me, I had some really good form and was exactly where I wanted to be after 65km (at the front with Lewi and Hamish), but I completely feel apart and ended up suffering to hang on the 6th place. Not sure what to put that one down to, everything seemed to be going well, never mind, at least it was good to see Lewi get the win to make up for last year debacle.

My 2 weeks off the bike went by in a flash, work happily stepped up to fill the void! So I’ve been back on the bike for a couple of weeks now and looking forward to the Scott 24hr this weekend. I will be part of the Swell Designs Pro Team of 4 along side James Williamson, Shaun Lewis and Matt Fleming. What a team, hey? I would like to think that we are a chance at the win, but with no less than 5 awesome teams the only thing for sure is that the racing will be tight.

No comments: