Monday, July 14, 2008

Swisspower Cup

The Swisscup was a bit disaster for me. It had been pissing down all day so the track was really muddy, I started from the back and struggled a little with the pace early on. I tried to get into a tempo and i started to overtake people on the downhill and off camber sections, which was quite fun in the muddy conditions, but on the 2nd lap i had a nasty crash. That shook me up a bit but i tried not to panic despite the fact that with a 4.5km lap, i didnt have much time to spare. I started to have mechanical problems because of the mud and i crashed heavily again. Less than a lap later i heard the ominous sound of the lead motorbike, shortly after that, current u23 world champ Nino Schurter came past me so i was out of the race. i think i was 49th and about 4 laps down. i was pretty disspointed to only last 1hr because it wasnt even a good training ride. i guess i did learn some things that i can improve on....keeping the bike upright would be a start. Putting that race behind me, Rosie and i drove over to Livigno in Italy. Im sure it is a nice place but it hasnt stopped raining since Saturday. Last night it snowed nearly all the way down to the village. i have only been able to manage 1 hour training rides because of the rain, i am really not sure how you are supposed to stay warm on the bike in this weather. hopefully the sun comes out soon.

Me and the bike after getting pulled.

During the week I went riding to a place called Crap.

Rosie and i had a crack at climbing Piz Mitgel (3100m).


"Extreme Barnes"

No comments: